The ability of individuals to be engaged and productive is somewhat predicated by the amount of conflict that must be dealt with on a daily basis. We are aware that conflict in our personal life can impact our professional life and vice versa. Often, conflict goes unresolved for various reasons and inherently the quality of a person’s daily life as well as those around them can be jeopardized. As a leader, how do you answer these questions?
- What are the biggest conflict situations that you encounter in the workplace?
- What are the things that happen within your life and within your organization that creates conflict which affects you
- Consequently, how does that affect your workplace?
- In honesty, how versed are you at resolving conflict when you begin to sense it impacting you?
- Where do you look for assistance when seeking to positively resolve conflict?